Increased Unique Wallets : Bitcoin

[Discussion] AAS induced hypogonadism and an appeal to the community

Tldr; AAS induced hypogonadism is a very real consequence of steroid use, and the wiki needs to be updated to state this fact clearly and without bias so that prospective users who find TRT (for life) an unacceptable consequence can make an informed decision. Also, lots of people, and some are experienced users, have demonstrated that they don't believe this is a thing.

Before I begin, I want to qualify myself a bit as I am asking that we address something together and make a change to the wiki. I am a 30 year old who has been into weight lifting since I was 15, and I had a keen interest in AAS that led me to my first cycle at 24. I'm on TRT. I have a BS in biochemistry and although that is not inherently relevant, it did give me a tendency to research topics I was unfamiliar with, and to do so in peer-reviewed sources.
Over the last 10 years, AAS use has exploded in popularity. It amazes me sometimes when I show up at the gym and see clearly enhanced lifters all around. Bitcoin has made AAS accessible to anyone with a mailbox; for very low prices you can have any major steroid in the bodybuilding world shipped to you in a week or less, and you don't even need to go to the dark web to find it. You don't need to know a guy. This surge in new users has clearly diluted the atmosphere of online steroid forums, whose members used to be very scrutinizing and against anyone hopping on gear if they seemed even slightly uninformed of the ins and outs.
While I think its overall a good thing that the tone has become more welcoming, since people are going to do their thing regardless, I have noticed that we've collectively been skating over something that didn't used to happen as often. That thing is AAS-induced hypogonadism. In the past 4-5 months I cannot count the number of times I have informed a newcomer that recovery not only wasn't guaranteed, but multiple cycles and years of use make TRT a VERY real outcome. Now, I know there are many who recover from years of use, the majority. That is great. But there are no studies that I can find that show what percentage do and don't, or what parameters are involved. I only have the experience of my many friends, people on these kinds of forums, an endocrinologist, and myself to go on and I can say that there are a lot of us walking around who are on TRT because of our AAS use. Literature overwhelmingly supports this.
The wiki itself states that length of suppression, the types of drugs used, and individual response are factors in determining HPTA recovery. It states that failure to do a proper pct "will present a very high probability of long-term endocrine damage" without saying anything about the possibility of not recovering even after you do everything right, giving the false impression that a pct will get everyone back to normal. The individual response paragraph discerns between users who will recovery easily and those who will have "extreme difficulty recovering" but makes no concession anywhere that there is a third category: those who's test levels never fully return to baseline. The HPTA was never designed to be fully suppressed and brought back, there is no situation where exogenous hormones would ever exist in any time during our evolution. The pituitary sends a message to the balls to make more test when it dips a bit, and then tells them to stop when it reaches a max. Small changes. Dumping hormones into your body causes a hijacking of that entire system and crashes it. The pituitary goes silent, your balls stop producing test, stop making sperm, shrink. They literally atrophy from disuse and revert back to being as useless as they were before puberty. Recovery from that is not a given. After my 3rd cycle, my test values returned to normal but my balls felt a tad smaller, my libido a bit off. My 4th cycle's pct failed, as did the 3 other pcts I attempted over the next 1.5 years. HCG runs, pharma pcts of varying lengths, but no matter what 2-3 months after pct I would dip down. I had lost 40% of my natural production and at the 2 year mark with no improvement I decided to do TRT. For me, it wasnt that huge of a deal because I love this lifestyle and knew I wanted to continue to cycle. But there are guys out there who may find this outcome unacceptable and should really make this the number 1 consideration in whether they cycle or not.
I made this post because I have been met with skepticism many of the times I have pointed out the possibility of not recovering. Someone today called it a myth on the same comment thread that he was giving a new guy advice on. Another guy last month PMed me to let me know he was thankful I had brought it up in a comment thread where a guy was asking about the chances of not recovering and 4-5 people were encouraging him that doing a pct and enough time off would prevent that. I get it, we don't like to think about it. Everyone, when they started, worried a bit about their natural levels coming back since everyone was so adamant about checking via bloodwork, but we seem to have calmed that down by carrying on that a proper pct is King and will set things right. The truth is, there are many people on and off these forums with AAS-induced hypogonadism and I am concerned about the numbers who are happily cycling not knowing their next pct is going to fail. While there is no guarantee, a test cycle will most likely go fine. But when people get into the territory of their 3rd, 4th, 5th cycles, more powerful drugs, BnC, they are most likely not going to leave with the test levels they came in with. For many, it will be severe enough of a dip to warrant TRT, others will suffer minor sides and just go on with life, and some will probably struggle for year with it. I visited an endocrinologist recently because I want to stop self prescribing and he told me he deals with this all the time, that its very common.
I don't really know how changes get made to the wiki, but I propose that we make it a very large disclaimer at the top of the PCT section and in the 500mg test cycle section. Below are just a few sources I found over a very short time. I suggest you look further if you need more evidence. I am not a gatekeeper and never will be, but if we transmit any information to a prospective user about how to take these drugs safely it should come with this fact. Discuss.

Coward RM, Rajanahally S, Kovac JR, Smith RP, Pastuszak AW, Lipshultz LI. Anabolic steroid induced hypogonadism in young men. The Journal of urology. 2013;190(6):2200–5. Epub 2013/06/15. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2013.06.010 pmid:23764075.

Rahnema CD, Lipshultz LI, Crosnoe LE, Kovac JR, Kim ED. Anabolic steroid-induced hypogonadism: diagnosis and treatment. Fertil Steril. 2014;101(5):1271–9. Epub 2014/03/19. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2014.02.002 pmid:24636400.

Tan RS, Scally MC. Anabolic steroid-induced hypogonadism—towards a unified hypothesis of anabolic steroid action. Med Hypotheses. 2009;72(6):723–8. Epub 2009/02/24. doi: 10.1016/j.mehy.2008.12.042 pmid:19231088.

van Breda E, Keizer HA, Kuipers H, Wolffenbuttel BH. Androgenic anabolic steroid use and severe hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction: a case study. International journal of sports medicine. 2003;24(3):195–6. Epub 2003/05/13. doi: 10.1055/s-2003-39089 pmid:12740738.

Boregowda K, Joels L, Stephens JW, Price DE. Persistent primary hypogonadism associated with anabolic steroid abuse. Fertil Steril. 2011;96(1):e7–8. Epub 2011/05/18. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2011.04.029 pmid:21575947.

Jarow JP, Lipshultz LI. Anabolic steroid-induced hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. Am J Sports Med. 1990;18(4):429–31. Epub 1990/07/01. pmid:2403193.

Lloyd FH, Powell P, Murdoch AP. Anabolic steroid abuse by body builders and male subfertility. BMJ. 1996;313(7049):100–1. Epub 1996/07/13. pmid:8688713; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC2351471.

Kanayama G, Hudson JI, DeLuca J, Isaacs S, Baggish A, Weiner R, et al. Prolonged hypogonadism in males following withdrawal from anabolic-androgenic steroids: an under-recognized problem. Addiction. 2015;110(5):823–31. Epub 2015/01/20. doi: 10.1111/add.12850 pmid:25598171; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4398624.

Kanayama G, Hudson JI, Pope HG Jr. Long term psychiatric and medical consequences of anabolic androgenic steroid abuse: a looming public health concern. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2008 Nov 1;98(1-2):1-12. doi: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep. 2008.05.004. Epub 2008 Jul 2. Review. PMID: 18599224
EDIT: does anyone know how we even go about modifying the wiki? What’s the process?
submitted by benchpressyourfeels to steroids [link] [comments]

July 26th, 2015: /r/BitTippers: Tip some bits, make some friends!

/BitTippers

1,848 tipping fanatics for 11 months!
Bitcoin - Supposedly the future of currency. It is a limited supply, electronic only, almost untraceable cryptocurrency. At the time of writing this post a single Bitcoin is valued at $288.95 USD, see current price here. I don't think I need to tell you that's an awful lot of value for a single unit of any sort of currency.
But what happens when you divide a Bitcoin by one million (1,000,000)? You get a single 'Bit'. The cryptocurrency equivalent of $0.0002887 USD. You rack up enough bits, and you can get money. Now, one day, the genius idea of 'ChangeTip' came about. Allowing users all over the internet to 'Tip' small amounts of money to each other. And when you combine ChangeTip and Bits, you get something magical.
/BitTippers was created as a place where Reddit users could tip each other small amounts of Bits. Hang out there long enough, entering enough give-aways and you can make some petty change. Users are encouraged to create imaginative threads with a task in hand, and give bits as a reward for those tasks. This creates a brilliant community of generous and imaginative folks. My favourite bit (Get it?) is that it doesn't really matter how much you are tipped, you'll always be pleasantly surprised. It really proves that it's the thought that counts!
They also host a weekly 'BitTipper of the Week' thread, wherein the members of /BitTippers vote on who they think was either the most generous or imaginative that week. They then all tip some Bits back to that user (Usually to the tune of about $7 USD). I'm proud to say I have gained the title 'BitTipper of the Week' myself. And am eternally grateful to the members of this community.

1. Tell us a little bit about yourselves!

Paltry_Digger: /BitTippers is the kindest and most generous community I've seen on reddit. Everyone there shares the same motive: to share bitcoin with everyone! I feel that encouraging and gamifying tipping really has brought out the best side of people. It was created by ivorbighead, he really made BitTippers have the great community it has today.
sixpointlow: I'm 21yo from one of ther northernmost cities in the world. I work in the ambulance and I love it! I think to educate further within medicine to get more knowledge but prehospital work is definitly my field of action!
velociralex: My name is Alex and I think I'm a dinosaur. They tell me this isn't possible but I tell them they're not possible, so really, everything is an existential crisis.
OurEveryDayEarth: I'm a crypto lover with green thumbs ;0)

2. For you, what is the purpose of /BitTippers?

Paltry_Digger: I feel the purpose of BitTippers is to provide a playground to get started with bitcoin. The amounts are so small that they don't matter, so you can see how everything works and make people happier while doing it!
sixpointlow: I found out about thanks to /millionairemakers, I went on that sub and started reading trough their info, they linked to other sites so visited /changetip and learned about it from there.
velociralex: /bittippers is a community of enthusiasts who want to have some fun, be themselves, give bit love, get bit love, rinse and repeat.
OurEveryDayEarth: I think it has become a bridge between multiple groups, you have bitcoiners, changetippers, redditors and complete newbies meeting in one place to exchange in fun contests

3. What sort of community do you feel /BitTippers has generated?

Paltry_Digger: As I've said before, BitTippers is a place to go whenever and brighten up people's days!
sixpointlow: BitTippers for me, is a place where we can have fun, create and join giveaways. It's a place for sharing bits, making new people learn a little about how bits and bitcoin works. Bits is small pieces of Bitcoins.
velociralex: I like to think /bittippers has flourished into a community of redditors who look to spread kindness and support their fellow tippers in times of trouble as well as celebration.
OurEveryDayEarth: Probably around the $25 ChangeTip limit ;0)

4. What's the largest single tip you have seen on /BitTippers?

Paltry_Digger: $10 by OurEverydayEarth :)
sixpointlow: 50,000 bits. [Roughly $15]
velociralex: Hm... $25 maybe?
OurEveryDayEarth: Probably around the $25 ChangeTip limit ;0)

5. What was the most imaginative or interesting give-away you ever seen on /BitTippers?

Paltry_Digger: Bashco hosted a giveaway where he matched any donations to the Red Cross during the Nepal Earthquake. Also, velociralex's giveaways always were a blast!
sixpointlow: It was a redditor named adstille , one of the first posts I answered. adstille asked us to share our favorite things, including lots of question that you could answer, and it took time and thoughts to answer them, that was intresting.
velociralex: All time favorite giveaways - Ivor's Sherlock Holmes series.
OurEveryDayEarth: My favorites are the more cryptic ones where you have to go on somewhat of a treasure-hunt to take part! Someone posted a giveaway all coded in Base64, that was kinda cool!

6. How often do you personally: A) Receive Bits and B) Tip Bits?

Paltry_Digger: I try to give every day, lately I've been tipping people outside of /BitTippers. And who knows when you'll get tipped, that's the fun!
sixpointlow: A) I receive bits almost daily, I try to join every give-away that I can and have ability to. B) I Tip Bits almost daily aswell, more often than I recive bits, giving is fun and needed for the circle to complete, if you can give out to many, they themself can create a giveaway and the circle is completed.
velociralex: Back to a time of being on the sub on a daily basis, I pretty much both received and tipped daily. I certainly didn't post as many giveaways as I entered, but I would still tip on other's giveaways for comments I liked. I also preferred to do my giveaways with larger amounts of bits dispersed to as many people as would comment, so I needed to continually collect tips in order to give them back in such a way.
OurEveryDayEarth: Everyday baby, YEAH! ;0)
submitted by SROTDroid to subredditoftheday [link] [comments]

On the importance of the bitcointip bot

I donno if you noticed...
...but he tipbot is in fact the single most effective mechanism to evangelize Bitcoin. Every time a tip is posted publicly, holy shit, at least someone goes something like "that's freaking awesome, mind blown!!!".
In a thread, there may even be a hundred assholes from Something Awful trying super hard to defame and discredit Bitcoin ("Ponzi!", "pedos!", "drugdrugdrug!", "tax evaders!", "deflationary spiral!!!!") yet the very sight of the tipbot sending money flying right in front of people's faces drowns all their shit on the spot. It's like 'yah we all heard you cunts whine baselessly about these bit coins, now shut the fuck up cos I am busy counting my money'. I am sure you have seen this, cos I have.
In sum: money talks while bullshit walks, conspicuous generosity can make a point faster than ten thousand arguments, and the tipbot is a brilliant observable example of those maxims in action.
And I know the bot was changed to be silent by default, but I def foresaw that most tips would request the "verify" public reply. I saw that behavior coming, and it makes sense, because people want to advertise their generosity and will often take the extra effort to do so.
Now I am wondering, how about extending the tipbot to other influential sites? I am a code contributor and a sponsor of the not, can we have more of that in /bitcointip?
submitted by throwaway-o to Bitcoin [link] [comments]

Log of AMA with swarmfund - Joel (@fractastical)

techbytes Ark community would like to welcome Joel (@fractastical) from Swarmfund here for today AMA and thank you for taking the time to be here.
rby123 people used so much gas that there are few tx per block
dr10 Hello Joel
joelafc theres only room for one Joel around here
dr10 you are joel as f. :kappa:
techbytes Joel anyone else here from Swarmfund?
joelafc left #trading_altcoins
fractastical Yes they are all next to me in person
axente :trollbounce:
fractastical i can have them join this slack
mad4thrash hello @fractastical
jakethepanda Hi Joel @fractastical welcome
mad4thrash unconfirmed tx to ico: 8,709 txs 417,232.73 ETH rotfl (edited)
mike Hi Joel, thanks for joining in
dr10 I understand Swarmfund focusses on creating a platform, where people can crowdfund revolutionairy projects over and over again. What makes Swarm-Fund attractive to bright minds with potential revolutionairy ideas and why should normal people invest in it? Many good ideas imply a free and open source society, without big money involved for example.
fractastical I'd say our value proposition over time has shifted a bit from a generic crowdfunding platform to introducing real assets into public markets via cryptographically secure ledgers
dr10 oh okay
As I read through your blog I had the impression its a crowdfunding platform
fractastical not to say that I'm opposed at all to what you mention
it started as the first blockchain crowdfunding platform
moobox nice spike on AMP
dr10 Can you then in simple terms (preferably for non-crypto people) explain what Swarm.Fund is about and does?
fractastical and we had lots of itneresting projects that ran or wanted to run
sure i'm happy to give the little bit of a historical approach, is probably interesting
fractastical early on we had tones of projects that wanted to list, many of them were in this revolutionary world-changing category
mike Hi Timo, thanks for joining in, Timo is also from Swarm Fund.
fractastical not all that many necessarily had a very clear business model underneath
tlehes Thanks Mike
mike And Philip as well
dr10 Hi guys
pieperp Hello everyone!
dr10 So but you are still are crowdfunding platform then? Or anything else?
fractastical so my partners @pieperp and @tlehes helped bring some old world asset classes into the crypto world
i think it's more accurate to described it as a community-owned asset marketplace
moobox ok guys i need to do some LIFE - ttyl
fractastical so those assets could be real estate
or other hedge funds
anton I’m here from Swarm as well with Sebastian. We’re a full stack dev and ux designer respectively.
wires hi! This is Jelle also from the swarm Team :slightly_smiling_face: (edited)
fractastical projects that alreayd exist, or are already getting started
dr10 What kind of projects? Would you quickly sum up some of the most differents? (edited)
pieperp we have this unique opportunity to create a solution for old fiat money that is still on the sidelines and bridge it to come to the crypto world. And vice versa.
tlehes We are curating the initial projects to set the initial tome as to what Swarm should be focusing on in terms of asset classes or sub-funds. High risk (Crypt hedge fund) to low risk (Real Estate)
fractastical both philipp and Timo have experience doing portfolio management
pieperp uploaded this image: Here's an example of projects that will be part of our pilot projects Add Comment
dr10 and these projects are for example? I have read that these project start as private blockchains as an experiment and then slowly get more and more serious and public
or is this only the case of the worldchanging projects?
fractastical great question, at the moment we are focusing less on "startup like" projects
but i think that this is a great model
the whole way that world works need sto be radicaly rethought
wires uploaded this image: swarmfund.png Add Comment
fractastical what you are describing is a bit like an incubator model
oh yeah, look at the @wires diagram, we used this at a private crypto-investor event last night
dr10 Did you already decide on which ethereum platform you will deploy? I have read that this will be a community decision and you only know that you will be on an EVM
fractastical basically swarm is the top of the pyramid
we've deployed on test net so far
ethereum as a technology actually presents several problems for us at this point
pieperp We have worked diligently on a clear got-to-market that 1/ validates the technical and legal framework we developed and 2/ solidifies a scalable market while 3/ it creates a market health and confidence for the community
dr10 Yeah. So what you are doing is similar to Bancor, right? Or even Iconomi (even if its not smart contract based) Or how does it differ?
fractastical due to the not particularly high quality of solidity among other things
wires @dr10 Ethereum/EVM (although we have worked on formal languages/DSL that compile down to EVM code, meaning we could target different blockchains as they appear) (edited)
fractastical I think we are like the upmarket version of those things
insofar as we are actually bringing in large money from the existing fiat ecosystem
around existing real partner funds
so its less hypothetical
more real assets
dr10 Okay so you have already established partners and relationships?
Your concept reminds me partly of bancor, yet you are longer around as I think. How does the calculation of a crypto fund work? It is smart contracted, so will there be some kind of algorythm?
wires @dr10 comparable to Bancor, but not so similar as it seams at first
dr10 And is it only limited to Eth tokens or also other currencies?
What are the differences to Bancor @wires
pieperp there are requirements that major fiat investors have, that so far the industry does not abide by (compliance, transparency, etc.), yet we are committed to develop. www.swarm.fund/whitepaper
wires Bancor’s main innovation is this way to create liquidity and tap in on the “long tail”
dr10 You should update your FAQ section. The provided whitepaper there says something about rescuing the rain forest
:joy:
wires that is match up buyers/sellers
“rescuing the rain forest” = def one of the things we want to do…
safe the planet, bro
dr10 probably, but I didnt really understand what this was about
pieperp update to materials on website coming the next few days.
dr10 okay
wires :smile:
dr10 :smile:
dr10 So anybody can propose a project? Or how does this actually work at all?
pieperp Animated intro video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9M9FFmDPYqGUEZNNi1IX1ZRSVk/view
dr10 What will I see and do on your platform
pieperp Ultimately, yes. After we go through the first 6-9 months of curated pilot projects
wires (I’ll answer you Q about bancor~swarm~wings similarities and differences, give me a second to close of some things regarding status.im crowdsale #FOMO and collect my thoughts)
aquazi nobody here with some experience on the bittrex api?
dr10 @wires alright :smile:
dr10 so what kind of projects are there yet and who proposed them? just to have an image what goes on @ swarm.funds (edited) 2 replies Last reply today at 6:21 PM View thread
dr10 maybe 1-2 examples
pieperp dr10: https://arkecosystem.slack.com/files/pieperp/F5XED29M5/screen_shot_2017-06-20_at_9.09.25_am.png
mike can you go into a little detail on how the distressed real estate works?
pieperp sure: our syndicate partner is a fund that has been operating an data-driven & automated model to identify, buy, and rent distressed real estate from Chapter 7 filings. Highly attractive cash model of underutilized assets.
dr10 so its a software that looks through data and decides which projects, assets etc, could be interesting within a fund?
pieperp yes. plus an extremely high degree of automation. very small initial investments, which is returned within 10-12 months and makes 4x+ returns over it's lifetime.
dr10 When I buy Bitcoin, Stratis and Ark and put them into a fund. Its still highly volatile. You have a solution for this?
pieperp asset-backed tokens should be more stable based on the underlying value.
wires @dr10: this “open project proposal” could work very similar fashion to wings.ai, wings might even be considered an “oracle” for our system, so if the project passed the scrutiny of the wings.ai system and is listed there, this could be something the fund invests in (decided by liquid democracy vote) (edited)
pieperp we are trying to create asset classes that give the market a different risk-reward profile and alternatives to invest under portfolio perspectives.
wires @dr10 but as @pieperp is saying, we will start with some curated classes for which we already have some funds/interested parties, processes etc
dr10 I see... so its like "secure asset" "medium secure" "risky but high profit" assets, right?
okay
wires right, so bitadel would be the crypto hedge fund managing those classes (edited)
dr10 So I dont know how actual your blog and FAQ was:
pieperp plus are more attractive to non-crypto investors as they have a higher efficiency in operating them and can therefore be more aggressive in "pricing".
dr10 When I've read, "can be deployed as multiple chains and stake-weighted delegated votin"g and of course Mike Doty advising Swarm.Funds I had to think of this: Will Swarm Fund be smartbridged to ARK?
Maybe I misunderstood it totally
fractastical hmmm, you mean for the dpos stuff?
dr10 yeah basically its multiple side chains, stake weighted delegated voting... so thats what I asked to myself
fractastical i've thought about this for a long time but i don't know if i know enough low level technial knowledge about how ark works to know under what cirucmstances stuff
i did think about similar things with respect to DASH/PIVX
there are a few interesting possibilities there
most blockchains are currnetly using a top down approach for validation
but the ultimate dpos is actually bottom up
wires @dr10 I am one of the people behind internetofcoins.org which is developing a protocol to bridge incompatible blockchains using a novel idea of “hybrid assets”, it’s more longtail thing, we will start of with the basics, be @fractastical and me are definately thinking about those things…
fractastical so if you can peer with a governance mesh that is dynamically formed at the device level that's very interesting
dr10 So how does this cross-currency investing work? I can put FIAT money into a crypto asset or can I invest crypto in a real estate asset?
wires we split that up:
crypto => swarm.fund
fiat => bitadel managed fund
dr10 @wires okay I see. Ark is internet of blockchains too... so thats why I asked :smile:
wires these are the pools in the diagram I just posted
dr10 okay
wires @dr10 ah cool, I wasn’t aware.. :blush: kinda too busy to read all the whitepapers, but I’ll have a deepdive one of these days (edited)
dr10 @wires sure, I made a video about that :smile:
fractastical oh does Ark have a tokenized asset protocol built in as well?
wires @dr10 linkplz?
fractastical @dr10 link us the video?
dr10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgD4WqHJFtU (edited)
I am honest, I still didnt exactly get the differences to Bancor or Iconomi
dr10 I lack the technical understanding to be honest
but I see this three projects as very similar. But probably the details are much different
but I cant see it right now.. maybe you can point that more out? :slightly_smiling_face:
wires yes
mike how much has internetofcoins raised so far?
wires ~ $1.3m I think
tlehes @dr10 Bancor is more of a token platform whereas swarm is more focused on the governance and legal framework to link real world assets to Crypto investors.
wires ^ right
pieperp Bancor is purely a tokenization process. We have developed an entire process (legal and technical) to bridge into real world assets being owned and governed by crypto.
dr10 but didnt you say the real world asset are split from crypto investments?
wires yes
mike Ark's tokenized assets are separate ArkChains which are cloned and configured using the main Ark code. These run as separate chains bridged to Ark. Applications can then be built on top of these separate chains.
wires give me a second i’ll quickly sketch a picture
mike given the limitations of Solidity/EVM, what would you rather see as an alternative?
tlehes Swarm is managing both crypto assets as well as Fiat assets. The governance layer doesn’t distinguish between the two. The underlying funds are a mix of Crypto only, Crypto+Fiat, Fiat only. (edited)
mike can you go into some detail on the trading algos/AI Bitadel is using?
dr10 ahh okay... so if I invest in Swarm, I wouldnt only invest in crypto combinations but at the same time (or can I chose?) in a mix of crypto/Fiat or only Fiat?
that Means I could combine Bitcoin and Dollar?
as a Hedge?
tlehes We are building the market infrastructure for Traders, not mandating which algos they should use. It’s an open platform, similar to Quantopian for public stocks. (edited)
pieperp We are building the "AWS" for market traders, actually empowering them with data services, reporting, etc. and ultimately capital. So it's less about our trading algios, but more about identifying the experts. At the same time it's a "superhighway" for fiat investors to invest.
wires uploaded this image: sketch-for-dr10-ark.png Add Comment
wires @dr10 I tried to repurpose our picture to answer your question, I’m simplifying a bit here, but roughly it looks like this
the big fund is made up out of smaller funds, holding different asset classes
obv. different classes require different processes (buying a house, vs trading OTC comodities, vs trading cryptos)
dr10 I see. So its diversified in different branches, which makes the value less volatile, right?
if that is the main reason...
pieperp You could summarize Swarm+Bitadel as "market infrastructure" for investments. Think back to financial markets in 1985, we are building infrastructure structure that brings it to today's market standards. (edited)
wires bitadel software and infra is there to provide the information and reporting to have traders deal with it , and also to ensure that the votes of the L.D./swarm governance funds are respected
numba1enigma what regions can swarm accept fiat deposits on the platform 1 reply Today at 6:45 PM View thread
tlehes @dr10 The Swarm token gives you voting rights and access to underlying sub-funds, governed by Swarm. The Sub-funds governed by Swarm are the the actual assets you invest in. Over time, you hopefully will have a broad choice of Fiat/Crypto/Mixed subfunds to choose from,
wires @numba1enigma we will run two fundraisers: a crypto ICO and a longer running fundraiser for the (fiat only) “big fund” (edited)
pieperp numba1enigma: globally, including US with some restrictions
numba1enigma does swarm fund have existing compliance to take deposits from users today. i.e. deposit from a bank like chase
wires @numba1enigma but at a later stage we will be able to take crypto in as aswell to the crypto fund
before the cyrpto ICO starts we run a bitcoin suisse round
numba1enigma is the crypto fund a collection of tokens swarm creates like a mutual fund an individual can buy?
or can indiciduals make their own basket of tokens
pieperp for now we are working with bitcoinsuisse on that, but are having conversations with different market constituencies. this will be a part of the efforts in the next 12 months.
dr10 The reputation system is something as "giving a like" to interesting projects that evolve positively? (If its still actual)
pieperp it's not meant to be a mutual fund. Each SPV/subfund can involve seperate crypto and fiat investors, while being governed by Swarm platform.
wires (the $B fund will be filled over 2 years or so… depending on how well “we”/LD do) (edited)
numba1enigma what is swarm oppionion of index funds and the ability to get them traded on multiple markets 1 reply Today at 6:50 PM View thread
wires bitadel decides on this together with LD voting = swarm intelligence (edited)
mike Hi sebastian, melon
tlehes @dr10 The reputation system is used in reference to which sub-fund managers that are performing well as are building a track record on the platform.
pieperp numba1enigma: we don't discriminate on the opportunities. ultimately it's about the community showing interest in certain opportunities, endorsing them and those in return proving their value/credibility.
wires @dr10 there is a lot of reporting coming from bitadel infrastructure that reflects back on both the performance of subfunds, traders, fundraisers, and also on how well the LD votes count…
sebastian hi @mike it was great to talk with you last night, very interesting ideas for ark
numba1enigma SPV can combine assets of say typical VC's and bitcon millionars to launch a project in any space? 1 reply Today at 6:52 PM View thread
dr10 ah ok, so its like these daytrader platforms where you can follow daytraders who are listed chronogically by % success rate
tlehes @dr10 The voting for projects is based on quorum&majority, liquid democracy (edited)
pieperp numba1enigma: absolutely, that's the goal. watch the video :wink: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9M9FFmDPYqGUEZNNi1IX1ZRSVk/view
wires @numba1enigma more or less, yes, but probably a wings.ai like mechanism is used to propose the SPV to the swarm token hodlers and must pass LD vote
mike thanks seb, enjoyed as well.
wires and swarm will then setup the spv, etc… (edited)
mike what business entity and jurisdiction is Swarm Fund using?
numba1enigma any parallels of swarm to iconomi cofound.it
wires you can also think of swarm as otonomous for spv’s, but there is more to it
tlehes @mike There are different jurisdictions suiting well for different purposes. We are looking at the best solution for each sub-fund category.
wires cofound seems more like wings.ai (edited)
than swarm
fractastical I think Iconomi has some similar properties, but we are working with larger more established partner funds
that are already profitable
wires and wings.ai is much like the “propose a subfund / asset class / project in asset class / etc” procedure
anton Iconomi is also more of a hub and spokes model focusing on building enterprises
tlehes Thanks for participating, happy to answer any follow up questions.
fractastical Live Q&A with Coinfund starting now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PfoBJ8zFOo
mike We are at the one hour mark, but can continue as long as Swarm Fund team members and Ark comunity members would like to continue.
Thanks you to everyone for participating.
dr10 Thanks for the Ama!
wires np! :smile:
enjoyed talking to you guys and will lurk around on this channel, seems very interesting, ark (edited)
pieperp was a pleasure!
sebastian thanks for organizing mike!
dr10 :+1:
fhemai Evening
mike see Joel, Philipp, Jelli, Timo live on the youtube link now, busy day!
submitted by Jarunik to ArkEcosystem [link] [comments]

July 26th, 2015: /r/BitTippers: Tip some bits, make some friends!

Submitted by SROTDroid

/BitTippers

1,848 tipping fanatics for 11 months!
Bitcoin - Supposedly the future of currency. It is a limited supply, electronic only, almost untraceable cryptocurrency. At the time of writing this post a single Bitcoin is valued at $288.95 USD, see current price here. I don't think I need to tell you that's an awful lot of value for a single unit of any sort of currency.
But what happens when you divide a Bitcoin by one million (1,000,000)? You get a single 'Bit'. The cryptocurrency equivalent of $0.0002887 USD. You rack up enough bits, and you can get money. Now, one day, the genius idea of 'ChangeTip' came about. Allowing users all over the internet to 'Tip' small amounts of money to each other. And when you combine ChangeTip and Bits, you get something magical.
/BitTippers was created as a place where Reddit users could tip each other small amounts of Bits. Hang out there long enough, entering enough give-aways and you can make some petty change. Users are encouraged to create imaginative threads with a task in hand, and give bits as a reward for those tasks. This creates a brilliant community of generous and imaginative folks. My favourite bit (Get it?) is that it doesn't really matter how much you are tipped, you'll always be pleasantly surprised. It really proves that it's the thought that counts!
They also host a weekly 'BitTipper of the Week' thread, wherein the members of /BitTippers vote on who they think was either the most generous or imaginative that week. They then all tip some Bits back to that user (Usually to the tune of about $7 USD). I'm proud to say I have gained the title 'BitTipper of the Week' myself. And am eternally grateful to the members of this community.

1. Tell us a little bit about yourselves!

Paltry_Digger: /BitTippers is the kindest and most generous community I've seen on reddit. Everyone there shares the same motive: to share bitcoin with everyone! I feel that encouraging and gamifying tipping really has brought out the best side of people. It was created by ivorbighead, he really made BitTippers have the great community it has today.
sixpointlow: I'm 21yo from one of ther northernmost cities in the world. I work in the ambulance and I love it! I think to educate further within medicine to get more knowledge but prehospital work is definitly my field of action!
velociralex: My name is Alex and I think I'm a dinosaur. They tell me this isn't possible but I tell them they're not possible, so really, everything is an existential crisis.
OurEveryDayEarth: I'm a crypto lover with green thumbs ;0)

2. For you, what is the purpose of /BitTippers?

Paltry_Digger: I feel the purpose of BitTippers is to provide a playground to get started with bitcoin. The amounts are so small that they don't matter, so you can see how everything works and make people happier while doing it!
sixpointlow: I found out about thanks to /millionairemakers, I went on that sub and started reading trough their info, they linked to other sites so visited /changetip and learned about it from there.
velociralex: /bittippers is a community of enthusiasts who want to have some fun, be themselves, give bit love, get bit love, rinse and repeat.
OurEveryDayEarth: I think it has become a bridge between multiple groups, you have bitcoiners, changetippers, redditors and complete newbies meeting in one place to exchange in fun contests

3. What sort of community do you feel /BitTippers has generated?

Paltry_Digger: As I've said before, BitTippers is a place to go whenever and brighten up people's days!
sixpointlow: BitTippers for me, is a place where we can have fun, create and join giveaways. It's a place for sharing bits, making new people learn a little about how bits and bitcoin works. Bits is small pieces of Bitcoins.
velociralex: I like to think /bittippers has flourished into a community of redditors who look to spread kindness and support their fellow tippers in times of trouble as well as celebration.
OurEveryDayEarth: Probably around the $25 ChangeTip limit ;0)

4. What's the largest single tip you have seen on /BitTippers?

Paltry_Digger: $10 by OurEverydayEarth :)
sixpointlow: 50,000 bits. [Roughly $15]
velociralex: Hm... $25 maybe?
OurEveryDayEarth: Probably around the $25 ChangeTip limit ;0)

5. What was the most imaginative or interesting give-away you ever seen on /BitTippers?

Paltry_Digger: Bashco hosted a giveaway where he matched any donations to the Red Cross during the Nepal Earthquake. Also, velociralex's giveaways always were a blast!
sixpointlow: It was a redditor named adstille , one of the first posts I answered. adstille asked us to share our favorite things, including lots of question that you could answer, and it took time and thoughts to answer them, that was intresting.
velociralex: All time favorite giveaways - Ivor's Sherlock Holmes series.
OurEveryDayEarth: My favorites are the more cryptic ones where you have to go on somewhat of a treasure-hunt to take part! Someone posted a giveaway all coded in Base64, that was kinda cool!

6. How often do you personally: A) Receive Bits and B) Tip Bits?

Paltry_Digger: I try to give every day, lately I've been tipping people outside of /BitTippers. And who knows when you'll get tipped, that's the fun!
sixpointlow: A) I receive bits almost daily, I try to join every give-away that I can and have ability to. B) I Tip Bits almost daily aswell, more often than I recive bits, giving is fun and needed for the circle to complete, if you can give out to many, they themself can create a giveaway and the circle is completed.
velociralex: Back to a time of being on the sub on a daily basis, I pretty much both received and tipped daily. I certainly didn't post as many giveaways as I entered, but I would still tip on other's giveaways for comments I liked. I also preferred to do my giveaways with larger amounts of bits dispersed to as many people as would comment, so I needed to continually collect tips in order to give them back in such a way.
OurEveryDayEarth: Everyday baby, YEAH! ;0)
submitted by SROTDroid to SROTD_Archives [link] [comments]

[Table] 2007scape: AMA Thread: RuneScape Old School Team

Verified? (This bot cannot verify AMAs just yet)
Date: 2014-02-06
Link to submission (Has self-text)
Link to my post
Questions Answers
Hello OSRS team, and here are my three questions I would like to ask you. Is it possible to fix the spawn rates on resources, monsters and so on, so that the world population does not affect the spawn rate of said features? It is possible to fix the spawn rates, but the question you have to ask yourself is does the community really want this and is it a priority for the community.
What are your opinions on AutoHotkey (AHK) and MouseKeys (MK)? I've heard that if you use AHK in the same way MK works, then AHK is still considered legal as MK is allowed. Is this the case or is any use whatsoever of AHK restricted? If you are considering new rewards to be implemented that can be bought with Marks of Grace, what rewards will you consider implementing? New Agility shortcuts? Recolouring of Graceful? Option to Imbue? etc.. The best advice I can give about AHK and mousekeys is not to do anything differently than you have been doing. Our approach to it hasn't changed. However, if we talk about the details of AHK the less than reputable players will look for loopholes in order to macro and that's why we are always very vague about it.
Are autotypers allowed? What about macros on a gaming keyboard used for typing when selling? It seems everyone uses them and it's impossible to keep up without them. Autotypers and binding phrases to keys on your keyboard is against the rules. However, we know why people use them and we think that reason needs to be addressed. The impact of autotypers on other players is that they see lots of spam. I would much rather give every player an autotyper made by us and put into the client and then give every account the option to toggle on or off chat sent by the autotyper.
This will allow players to autotype but give every player the opportunity to ignore it with the click of a button.
How do you guys get along with the EoC team? Is there a rivalry in the office? Also, filter game option plzzz. GOTTA GO! WASTING XP! <3. We get along fine with the EOC team. Of course we are superior in every way possible, but we still talk to them... but really Old School borrows expertise from across the entire company. We need a lot of support from the developers, artists, designers and so on to do what we do. Although we spend all our time on Old School, many of the EOC team are needed to deliver what we deliver. We've got a request in the system for the engine team to give us something that'd let us create the game message spam filter. I don't think it'll be a big job for them, but can't predict when they'll have a chance to do it. We get on fine with the EoC team. Well, I'm not a very sociable person myself, but Mod Reach is always hanging out with the QA testers from the other RuneScape. Plus they let us borrow some of their testers for our biggest updates.
Sandwich Lady at Metal Drags. Why? Go. The dragons were hungry?
Do you not approve of inconveniently timed free kebabs?
There is a NPC named "Jeremy Clerksin" in the church in varrock, is he inspired by Jeremy Clarkson off of Top Gear? He is the most important NPC... In the world!
Can the old school team please reduce/remove the number of random events? They are irritating, I sit in the bank for a few minutes deciding what I want to do then I teleport only to get a random. Also I try to go help a friend BOOM Random as I try to teleport to them. We had a conversation with the anti macro team a few weeks ago and asked if random events had an impact on bots. As they did they will be staying in game. If it becomes the case that randoms no longer impact on bots, we'll change them.
What are some of the quirks involved with working on a game engine that is outdated by years? Being the head of bug abuse for the pasty two years now, I've naturally ran into some rather obscure, hilarious and damn right painful bugs. Ash, as a senior content dev, 9 year vet and previous upload manager has ran into even more than myself.
What's the strangest bug you've ran into when developing content for runescape? If I was to put my finger on the strangest bug I've ever encountered, it would have to be the old 'Jullage' bug that happened not long back before RS3 became RS3. To this day, I will never understand why that bug happened.
Would it be possible to add whole new locations to OSRS? For example, a new fremennik island? It's certainly possible to create new locations. After all, that's what the new Slayer dungeon is. We can re-use existing models quite a lot for buildings and scenery.
Any possibility to update construction skill, ability to add fairy rings, altars that switch magic spellbooks, and lunar teleportation portals? We've had some discussion about adding a room for switching magic, with a fairly high requirement.
Edit: first. I've had a look through the POH code. The data storage is not very flexible there. Rooms can have 7 hotspots, three of which may have 7 options and four of which may have 3 options. Most of the rooms are already using all the options on their hotspots. So we'd have to do expansion via new types of room. That's not particularly hard, and I've had quite a few requests for spellbook-switching altars, possibly with a fee for use.
Why were you selected out of all the members of jagex? Back in 2007, I had been the Upload Manager for a couple of years, and was transitioning to a Content Dev role as Mod Nexus took over the uploader job. So Nexus & I were two developers who'd be extremely familiar with the 2007 codebase, as well as all the upload-related tasks that would need to be done for the OSRS content updates.
How do you feel about jagex implementing legacy considering 07 is pre-eoc already. Edit: Lootshare option like rs3 where you get a piece of the armor drop, which with enough peices can be converted into the real thing. I have no feelings about RS3 bringing back legacy mode. I agree with the need to do so and am keeping up to date with it's development. Both for the health of RS3 and OSRS. I don't see it being an issue for us and we're going to continue to deliver everything we promised.
How big do you see the 07 team becoming? If the '07 team gets too big, we'll start having communication/organisation issues like any big team. Just now, it's been very handy having a small team that can be in communication with itself - and with you - very easily.
If Legacy gives RS3 players something that they'd like more than the EoC system, that's good news for the RS3 players. I don't begrudge them that.
Is there any chance that if we the player could obtain video proof of bots, could we or would we be able to submit the proof in order to help you guys a bit more in the bot detection process? I've been at experiments for days now and keep seeing the same bot running an awful script. You can send us a video if you really wanted to, alternatively just email the account names to [email protected] and we'll pass them on to our macro experts who will check them out.
The bot-hunting is done by a different team; we mostly just deal with game content and community stuff, although we try to liaise with them as much as possible. As far as I know, they're using systems that can analyse player activity rather more quickly than watching several minutes of video for each bot.
What's a typical day at JaGeX like? What's the usual routine? For me, I get in at 8am after giving my housemate, Mod Oliver, a lift in. When I get in, I usually jump straight into game to troll whoever is nearby and get feedback on the evening tweets I sent out which usually is asking for ideas on something I tweeted. From there, I generally boot up whatever stream (we use content streams here) I'm working in and get to work on the content projects you voted on. At 12, I head for lunch and then at 1, come back and finish the day off at around 4/4.30 pm. Same old really.
8pm or 8am? Typo or you work nights? Corrections included!
What are your plans for new quests? Will they be completely original, or adaptations of live game quests that came after 2007? If the former, will you come up with new stories for the questlines that are as of yet unfinished in old school? We would like to do some completely original quests as those are the best ones to write. It seems a bit dull to write and play a quest when everyone knows the story already.
With OSRS, you guys tried an entirely different approach to the game than the original Runescape. For 2014, RS3 mods announced their “Power to the Players” program which includes content polls and twitch streams. How much of this is based off the success that OSRS had with the approach? To be brutally honest, the internal politics between RS3 and OSRS is rather minimal. I'd like to think our successes had a positive and enlightening impact on their decision to go in the direction they are. I won't say what we're doing is by any means revolutionary or groundbreaking as all we're doing is letting you decide what you want and taking on feedback. Every game has to evolve and sometimes that approach simply won't work for that product. We're very lucky in that RuneScape is 13/14 years old now and has been through many episodic changes that we know what content works for our community. Hindsight really is one hell of a tool!
To be honest, I haven't been in any of the planning meetings that lead to the Power to the Players program, however the success we have had and the positivity of our community is something that hasn't gone unnoticed. I am sure it had a part to play.
It's a rather nice sign that they must think we're going in the right direction, even if we can't know for sure whether they're copying us on purpose :-)
Hello, will there be an achievement diaries update? I hope there will be, we can and want to do it. It seems it is important for the community too. So fingers crossed it will all pan out.
When are fixes going to be made for macs? Right now I play on a mac and im sure you guys are aware of the minimap spinning glitch. Sadly that's an engine problem and we're still waiting on news about that ourselves. I'll press Mod Philip who's head of engine to take a look at it soon.
Do you think you guys will ever accept Bitcoin as a payment option? That's one for our billing guys since we use the same payment module systems as RS3.
That'll be one for our finance team, sorry. Given the fluctuating value of bitcoins, they feel like a funny thing to use for paying for a computer game subscription.
Never say never, I haven't heard of it being a possibility... but who knows? - not me.
@ JohnC, what is the average day of a QA tester like? Do you get involved with the programming aspect of OSRS? I test content, offering feedback when necessary. Monitor and track bugs, contribute to design meetings and keep a keen eye on the forums, twitter and reddit. Drinking lots of Tea in between ;)
I'm curious, are you guys ever going to put clan wars in 07? I am sure that at some point before June we will be polling clan wars.
Any idea's if you're going to help liven up F2P pking? it's my absolute favourite thing to do and no one does it :( Thanks! Hmmm. I'd originally expected that we'd make the Wilderness Rejuvenation monsters and training facilities available only on the members-only worlds, not the two F2P-style worlds. That's normally how updates go. But we don't have to restrict it like that, so long as nothing tries to drop members-only items on a F2P-style world.
Do we have an ETA on the bot busting updates? While I am happy with a lot of the updates I'm seeing, the RC, Merchanting and other bots are really having a massive impact on the economy. The bot-hunting team has something new which is hopefully going to be ready for some quiet live tests next week. It's generally best if we don't divulge full details of how that team operates, since botters can read Reddit too :-)
Thanks for doing this guys. As an avid PvMer and boss killer, I have trouble finding teams for gwd. Do you think the new wilderness bosses can be soloed? Would you consider adding a solo boss similar to the QBD to oldschool? 3 of the new Wilderness bosses will be soloable and if the community want it we will be happy to add other soloable bosses to the game. Have you found the new chat room for getting GWD teams together helpful at all? If not, what can we do to help you find a team.
In one of the Q&A stream Mat K you said when you take the looting bag to a Banker he will give you your items and then will throw the Bag in the bin and the player has to get another one from the Wilderness monsters. In the Wilderness dev blog there's no mention about the banker throwing it away. How will it be then? The current plan is that the banker will throw the bag away. Getting a bag will not be difficult as every monster in the Wilderness will drop one. Banking items like this is a very difficult thing for us to achieve.
Hey guys, my only question is will you be implementing more achievement diaries into the game anytime soon? I've always loved them and it could help bring new content into the game. I love achievement diaries and we have had a few discussions about adding some new ones all at once. This is a large task and we have a lot of those on at the moment but we definitely would like to offer you them.
Is the mining/woodcutting spawn rate update going to be on the next poll? About a month ago you said it could be polled but haven't spoken about it since. It won't be in the next poll as its quite a large job and we have a lot of those at the moment, but it will appear in a poll in the near future.
Could we see Magic having a dedicated poll, auto casts/reworked augry/staff damage/arcane stream/greater runic staff? :) I agree that Magic is in need of some serious love. It's an under-loved, under-appreciated and frankly misused skill that has so much more potential. Unless you're on Ancients, there's really no need to use it in combat situations. I know we have god spells but even then, those are limited and not broad enough.
I'd like to look into this further.
Will there ever be F2P? :3. There may be, but until we have the bots, scamming, hijacking and other bad behaviour under control we can't even think about it.
Hilt and other item rates from gwd? Barrows item chance? Also on a personal question, any chance you can check trade logs? just got scammed sgs by someone in pvm clan and they are claiming they never got it. happened bout an hour ago and he also apparently sold 2 ags for irl cash today. Hilt is 1/512 from each GWD boss. Barrows items depend on the number of barrows brothers you've killed. The more you kill the more likely you are to get a drop. I think 12 is the magic kill count number to aim for. Killcount is solely for runes and other minor rewards but I believe 12 is the minimum needed for decent runes so the most efficient number to get.
Dragon chain/d2h from kq? D Chain from KQ is rather generous actually. Likewise with the D2h.
Hey guy, thanks for taking time out of your busy day to do an AMA! I only have one question for you... What are you doing about all these bots..? We have new technology in development to deal with bots, as soon as its ready we will tell you more.
If the community wanted it, are new skills or quest a possibility? And by new, I mean not in RS3. Yes, new skills and quests are a possibility. I don't see much demand for a completely new skill in an old-school game, but we'd really like to write you a new quest. Mod Reach hasn't had a chance to do a quest yet.
Is there any plan to move the Lore of the game forward? If so, will it take the same path as RS3, or will it branch off and be completely different? I would prefer not to have lore in OSRS that conflicts with the lore revealed in RS3. RuneScape is RuneScape.
In poll# 14, the question about introducing a minigame reward shop where you can use points and tokens from multiple minigames to buy new items passed. What happened to that? I haven't heard anything about since then. We offered a few items for that shop, but they didn't get 75% support, so the shop would currently be empty. For the moment, we've left it alone while we focus on the Wilderness.
I have a couple of questions: -Don't you think that the facts that legacy combat is going to be (probably) implemented ruins the idea of oldschool rs? -Are there any new quests coming up to oldschool? -How does one get a visit from a JMOD on oldschool rs? I don't think legacy mode will have any great impact on Old School. Although many players started OS for the combat system, most play it for so many other reasons now. Currently there are no new quests planned for OS, although we would love to do some.
Hello, a couple of questions; I don't think OS will overtake RS3's numbers, I have no idea what we would do if it did though.
1, Do you think osrs take over the EoC in player numbers and if it does will that impact the amount of staff and content that will come into the game? As for why Ash's voice makes you want to go to sleep... have you seen a doctor?
2, Why is it when Mod Ash talks I want to go to sleep, in a good way of course, I want him to read me a story. I think the more modern-looking version of RuneScape will always have a bigger appeal to new players who never knew RuneScape back in the '07 days. We don't see many players swapping from RS3 to OSRS - or vice-versa - at the moment, so I wouldn't expect to ever overtake them. Also, I'm not sure how desirable it would be for our dev-team to become as large as the RS3 dev-team - you already get weekly updates, and at the moment we're small enough that we can communicate with each other (and with you) very easily.
Sxi Gurl8 (please change my name It was changed my a friend and I hate it I will do anything for a different name) If I could talk like Alan Rickman, I would.
What is your favorite story from working at Jagex? Ash once told me about the developer of Desert Treasure and his understanding of modern day culture that he completely disregarded when writing desert treasure. Sadly, I can't explain what he did but I assure you it was outrageous and hilarious.
Can't explain it because you're not allowed to or just don't know how to? It was very... inappropriate and definitely NSFW.
Mod Reach - You love quests; have you considered my quest story for the monsters you have found in the archives and shown to us? I read over every suggestion I get sent (within reason!) and occasionally go back to the submissions we got during the first PDC as we have some really creative and (rather mental...) suggestions there.
I have plans for the old models don't you worry ;)
Hey, Here i am again the obsessive question asker. Hmmm, that might make a difference, yes. We'll try for something like that if we ever offer such a poll question again.
Mod Ash earlier on the Livestream you replied on the Quickpray idea. Is it possible to split up the Quickpray icon click area so both options are availabe? Maybe add a toggle option in "Setup quickpray" tab? Could Ahrim's staff attack speed be sped up so it has some use instead of being an alch item? Could you add a left click option on farming patches for when you have to use your spade like in EOC? I'd rather do the split icon thing, not the extra toggle. The more toggles we add, the harder it becomes to learn how to use the game. Some redesigning of the button would be required, though.
Thank you for answering and i'm really thankfull that you guys take so much time listening to players these days <3 //Neelke. We could do the left-click thing. I guess I've not seen very much demand for it before.
I know you have all stated the benefits of a small development team, but with the success of '07 within the past year, what would it take for Jagex to offer more resources to you guys? I'm talking about a permanent engine department, quality of life team, a quest/content developers. Just so we can see updates that both we want and you want, but that are currently out of reach because of lack of resources? Currently, Jagex sees a successful game running with a very small team. If Jagex were convinced that the game could be orders of magnitude more successful with a bigger team, I think that'd make it happen. They've already allowed us to increase our headcount by hiring Mod John C and an artist - at a time when the RS3 graphics team has not been hiring - so it's a rather promising sign so far. We've not been given our own engine guy, sadly, but Mod Phillip's been very obliging at sparing his time when he can.
Will you introduce Dragon Claws into the game? No, OP.
Will a re-sizable and fullscreen mode be added to the game? No, too much engine/GFX/dev/testing work for a team this size. Sorry.
Are your plans to always keep Oldschool as it is, or do you have future plans to slowly evolve Oldschool into a new RS through the community polls? If there's this much demand for updates, we'll be very happy to take the game in the direction the players seem to want.
This isn't really a question but a list of ideas that I would think would make the game run smoother. Repolling previous items that fell into the 65%-75% percentage range. (Mouse middle click, quest cape trimming.) Edit: Also, opinions of others are welcome too on these ideas. They are all very good ideas and eminently achievable. However, the same goes for these ideas as every other ideas. As we are a small team we have to prioritise what we do so we are working on most important things for the community. Where would you rank your ideas in the the whole priority of the community? I think achievement diaries is up near the top, so that maybe something we look at in the not too distant future though. Many of those are already on the wishlist, but here are a few comments: - Buy/Sell-X in shops is problematic because shops in OSRS recalculate the price based on the stock level. If we try to do a big sale of ~100+ items in one click, that's a lot of code to run, and the engine would complain. That's why we've started selling packs of 100 feathers/vials/tips instead. - Joining previous house/chat-channel is feasible, although we currently can't make it save the name over logout due to engine limitations. - The world queue was polled and failed. Apparently some people prefer spam-clicking over waiting in an orderly queue. - We'll repoll something if (1) we can design a better version than we offered the previous time, such as with the middle mouse button, or (2) if the original question was so poorly understood that the vote's results were meaningless.
Do you have any plans to feature player-created content at all (via competitions, perhaps), or will RS07 remain 100% from the crazy minds working at Jagex? The rooftop agility courses were designed by a player in our last Player Designed Content competition, we hope to run some more of these in the future.
How far are you all planning to go with future updates? Is there a limit to how much currently EOC content you're willing to put into the game? We put in what the community wants! Provided it is possible with our current tools and 2 developers.
Xp till next level when you hover over a skill on the stats tab It makes it a little bit easier if you can hover over a skill and it tells you how much XP you need to get to the next level. Lol - I've seen you post this on so many threads that have nothing to do with the topic!
Drill demon random event In this random event, there are four different exercises. Can we have the exercises as a emote so it can be done outside of the random event? it could maybe a rare reward form that random event? The XP-to-next-level thing is on our list of suggestions for future polls. It just hasn't made it into a poll yet. I expect it will soon; you're not the only person asking for it.
Change colour of public chat, clan chat, PM. We could add those emotes as rewards from the event. We'd need GFX for the emote buttons, but I expect we could arrange something.
Let us stop asking the non-essential questions. We need to take a step back from old school and get the REAL questions answered. How do you like your coffee? How many sugars? Do you take it with cream? Or are you a milk man? Black coffee with 1 sugar :)
Thoughts on the return of Curses and Dungeoneering in some form? I'd like to write a randomly-generated dungeon system for single players and/or groups, although I wouldn't call it a skill.
I'm not so interested in curses, but they're certainly possible provided you don't mind what GFX we use.
We can add curses if the community want us too, and that's the real question.
As for dungeoneering, we would love to do some huge dungeon raids where the bosses scale depending on the amount of people in the dungeon (imagine 100 people raids) - that would be awesome.
There have been various alternatives to counter the problems that would occur if F2P servers were to be added such as only making it available to accounts created before a certain date, 2012 for example. This would counter the mass amounts of bots, and it would allow for old players to join back in and have a taste of OSRS, then subscribe if they want more. Is this option considered as a temporary solution until the OSRS team can get things better handled? The whole purpose of F2P is to attract new players. If we limit that experience then we take away the reason to have F2P.
For trading, can we have some sort of chat filter where, for example, I can choose to see public messages from people that have the word "whip" in it? There are some technical challenges with that (for example storing more lines of chat in the client) - but that is one option we have discussed.
Would you consider closing eoc for more activity on osrs? I doubt we will ever consider closing RS3. Both games are really popular and it is great to see them running side by side.
When can we expect the development of Stealing Creation or something similar to begin and when can it be polled? The schedule for when we poll things is largely decided by the community at the time. Should a Stealing Creation type game become the biggest priority for the community we will poll it. Sadly, I think this is some way from being there.
Would a variant of the rock caverns be possible for Old school? While we don't have the GFX of the original, we could certainly make something similar. Actually, one or two of the Wilderness features we're doing are based on LRC designs.
If the new update poll passes for RS3 for switchable combat styles... Do you think OSRS will stay intact, do you think the player base will crumble? I think we'll be just fine. A few people have said they're going to move over to RS3 for Legacy, and I hope they find a version of RuneScape they like. But there's a lot more to OSRS than just its combat system, and we're expecting to be here doing OSRS updates for our community for a very long time to come.
Do you think you will ever implement true F2P for 07scape? The obvious and most immediate drawback is more bots, which will require additional resources to deal with, but I think the increase in player base would make it a worthwhile trade. It's not a decision that'd be made by the OSRS team, in the end. We can make recommendations, but Jagex's financial decisions are made at a considerably higher level. Preferably with a lot of statistics to back them up. If they decided we could have F2P, and it went out of control due to bots/hijackings/scamming/RWT, that'd do a lot of damage to a game that's currently doing rather nicely for players.
What are your plans as far as update into 07. Like how close to the current game do you plan on reaching before stopping. Do you have plans to update into the game such things as nex and dragon claws. Or do you only plan on advancing the game in a different directions than before like you have with the staff of the dead and the new kraken monster? We're not aiming to copy RS3. People often ask for stuff they've seen in RS3, but we'd just as soon do something completely different.
When dealing with things from RS3 that had distinctive GFX, our version would be forced to look inferior to the RS3 one due to the different graphics systems, so I prefer not to create knock-offs of RS3 content like that at all.
Would you guys add in runetek5 if voted upon is that possible ? That's an engine change and frankly, we don't need it. If we need amendments to the engine, we can just ask engine to add what we need.
RuneTek5 doesn't bring us anything we can't already get in our current engine.
Are there any plans to poll having bank tabs to sort your bank? Yes, if we can (1) make it work without engine support or (2) get engine support.
Hey Guys, do you think their is a possibility that raggers will be dealt with in PvP situations? The crystal bow is one of the main problems for this. We've offered a change in the Wilderness Rejuvenation project to address that particular item by making it revert to seed when dropped. We've also got High Risk worlds now, so a ragger will have to risk dropping something if they're going to have a weapon at all.
With regards to the unusually offensive abuse that some raggers have been shouting, that remains against the rules, and I would hope the Support team can continue taking action against people like that.
Last updated: 2014-02-11 06:52 UTC
This post was generated by a robot! Send all complaints to epsy.
submitted by tabledresser to tabled [link] [comments]

BITCOIN: The Last Time THIS Happened BTC PUMPED 4,500%! It’s About to Happen Again... Oh Dear Lord, BEES! (As seen on the SomethingAwful forums) Let's Play Contra 4- Stage 1: Jungle Cole Phelps Favourite Game! Let's Play FF7 Boss #14 - Lost Number (Hammer Time)

buttcoin thread: too fail to big. Buy Forum Stuff; Something Awful; Search Amazon.com: Purchase: Account - Platinum Upgrade - New Avatar - Other's Avatar - Archives - No-Ads - New Username - Banner Advertisement - Smilie - Stick Thread - Gift Cert. - Donations! SA Forums - Something Awful - Search the Forums OLD! - User Control Panel - Private Messages - Forum Rules - SAclopedia - Posting ... Something Awful is in the process of changing hands to a new owner. In the meantime we're pausing all updates and halting production on our propaganda comic partnership with Northrop Grumman. DEAR FURRIES: WE WERE WRONG. 06-30-2020 by Phiz Kalifa. Dear god this was an embarrassment to not only this site, but to all mankind. Comforting Masculine Gender Affirmations, by Malt Schlitzmann. 06-28 ... Bitcoin is a distributed, worldwide, decentralized digital money … Press J to jump to the feed. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. r/Bitcoin. log in sign up. User account menu. 74. Something important is happening today in the bitcoin world! Close. 74. Posted by. u/joelthelion. 8 years ago. Archived. Something important is happening today in the bitcoin world ... Bitcoin is used for some pretty awful things, the accountant at my dad’s prior employer stole $500,000+ and likely hid it from the authorities. This bubble is going to break, the environmental waste is awful, and CNBC “legitimizing” this as investing with ticket symbols must stop. Bitcoin is a distributed, worldwide, decentralized digital money. Bitcoins are issued and managed without any central authority whatsoever: there is no government, company, or bank in charge of Bitcoin. You might be interested in Bitcoin if you like cryptography, distributed peer-to-peer systems, or economics. A large percentage of Bitcoin enthusiasts are libertarians, though people of all ...

[index] [2170] [34975] [37452] [34586] [26674] [8477] [31530] [13325] [7393] [14966]

BITCOIN: The Last Time THIS Happened BTC PUMPED 4,500%! It’s About to Happen Again...

The Oh, Dear Lord, BEES! thread set to music. Good Morning Music VR 360° Positive Vibrations - 528Hz The Deepest Healing - Boost Your Vibration - Duration: 2:00:01. Nature Healing Society ... Perfect Sax Solos: Cool 1940s Saxophone Jazz; Charlie Parker; Lester Young (Past Perfect) - Duration: 1:17:39. Past Perfect Vintage Music Recommended for you A story about one of the legends of GBS, straight from the thread Images of Loving: A Dollfucker's Blog. Thanks, everyone ^^ A short clip showing the Geodic race talking. Kind of cute. This video was made for my Let's Play-thread on the Something Awful forums. Link: https://forums.... IS THIS DONE YET SPOOKS Something Awful thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730901

#